Google Play Store is the official source of apps and downloads for Android-based devices. Though most of the Android devices have the Google Play Store installed as default, you may have to download and install it manually if you have uninstalled it accidentally or to update the app.
- 1 How to download latest Play Store App on Android?
- 2 How to download Google Play Store for iOS?
- 3 Troubleshooting Google Play Store apps
How to download latest Play Store App on Android?
Here are the steps to download the app.
Get the Play Store app
Downloaded and installed on your device you need to allow the app installation from “Unknown Sources” option. Most devices will have this security feature by default. You need to enable “Unknown Sources” to get the APK files downloaded. To do this:
- Open the settings option in your device and go to the security option by scrolling down.
- Open the security menu by tapping it and look for “Unknown Sources” option.
- Keep the “Unknown Sources” option “On” so that apps can be installed from other sources.
Download APK file from internet
- Android apps are available as APK files from different online sources.
- Using the android device download the APK file.
- Look for the version needed and download the APK from trusted or reputed source. There are sources which offer tampered APK files which can create trouble for your device.
- You can also download the APK File on to your computer and transfer it to your device if required.
- When the download of APK file is completed, open “Notifications” in the device and tap on the downloaded APK file.
- A warning stating that you are replacing a program will appear on your device screen.
- Accept the warning by tapping on “OK” button.
- Finally, tap on “Install” to get the APK file installed on your device.
Turn off Unknown sources
- Leaving “Unknown Sources” on can cause major security problems for your device. Make sure that you turn off “allow installation of apps from unknown sources”.
- Go to the device settings and select security settings.
- Turn off or uncheck the box to prevent installing apps from other than Play Store.
Open and Browse
- Once installation of APK file gets completed, you can see the app on the home screen of the device.
- You can open the Google Play Store.
- Start browsing for apps and other downloads needed from Google Play Store.
- If you cannot find the Play Store App on the home screen look for it in APP drawer.
How to download Google Play Store for iOS?
Google Play Store app is an Android app and to make it work on iOS devices without any limitations, you need to jailbreak your iOS device. For those who want to enjoy the movies and TV shows from Google Play, you can opt for the Movies and TV apps from Google Play for iOS devices. To get Google Play Movies and TV app:
- Go to Apple store on your iOS device and search for the required app.
- Tap on the app to install it on your device.
You can access complete Google Play Store on your iOS device once you jailbreak it by using the Play Store app download from a trusted online source. Jailbreaking will not harm the hardware. Select the version which is suitable for your device platform. Jailbreaking iOS device removes the software restrictions on iOS devices and allows download and installation of new applications which are not available on Apple app store. Here are the easy steps to download Google Play Store app for iOS devices.
Jailbreak your device
- Select any good jailbreaking tool that has software version compliance with your iOS device.
- Download the tool and complete the process of jailbreaking as directed.
- To install bootlace, you will have to launch Cydia.
- On the home screen of your device, select “Manage” button and then select “Sources” option.
- Tap on “Edit” and then “Add” button.
- Enter the web address of Cydia”.
- Tap on “Add Source” and allow Cydia to update sources.
- Select the newly added repository and click on install Bootlace.
- Bootlace will be on the home screen after it gets installed. If you cannot find bootlace on the home screen, restart the iOS device. Allow the bootlace to run and download.
- After the download is complete, tap on “Reboot”. Your iOS device will get rebooted.
Download and install OpeniBoot
- To download and install OpeniBoot, launch the Bootlace software again and tap on the “Open iBoot” option. Tap on “install” to get it downloaded and installed on the device.
- To install iDroid, tap on it and then tap “Install” option. Press OK to complete the process. The installation of iDroid is a time taking process. iDroid is the Android based operating system customized to be used on iOS devices.
- Once iDroid gets installed, Google Play Store app gets installed on your device with iOS system.
Troubleshooting Google Play Store apps
Sometimes, you may encounter difficulties while trying to download apps from Google Play Store. The errors are expressed as random numbers. These errors may be due to issues on stored data, Play Store updates, and cache issues or sometimes account issues.
To fix the errors, try the following:
To clear Google Play Store cache:
- Go to the settings menu on your device.
- Go to app manager option.
- Scroll to find “All apps” and then Google Play Store app.
- Open the App detail option and select “Force stop”.
- Now tap on “Clear Cache” option.
- Download the app again.
If the error is not resolved by clearing cache, the next step is to clear Google Play Store data.
Clearing Google Play Store data
- On your device, select the “Settings” option.
- Select “Application manager” of your particular device.
- Select “All apps” and then “Google Play Store” app.
- Tap on “Force stop” from the app details’ option.
- Select “clear data” to remove the data.
If the error does not get resolved by the above method, try removing and adding your Google account.
Removing and adding Google Account
- From the “Settings”, select “Accounts” option.
- Select the account name to be removed.
- Select the “menu” option on the screen.
- Tap on “remove Account” option to get the account deleted.
- Restart the device and try adding your account again.
- After adding the account, try to download the Google Play Store app again.