If you have unintentionally uninstalled the Google Play Store on your Android phone or do not have the Play Store on your Android, then you can easily download and install the Google Play Store by the following methods.
- 1 How to download Play Store on Android devices directly?
- 2 Downloading Google Play Store for Android using computer method
- 3 How to access Google Play Store on Android device?
- 4 How to download apps from Google Play Store?
How to download Play Store on Android devices directly?
Downloading using an APK file
The Google Play Store is offered in an APK file format. This is how the Android apps are offered.
- The first and foremost thing to do is to look out for reliable and trustworthy sources to download the Google Play Store app. If you download from untrusted sources, you might get access to tamper Google Play Store APK file.
- Make sure to choose an APK file that is signed by Google and is offered on most popular and trusted websites.
- If you are looking to download the APK files from other sources, then you need to first ‘enable the unknown sources’ option on your Android phone.
- Tap on the Settings option that you see on your phone menu and then scroll down to choose the Security option.
- When you are in the Security option, scroll to locate “Unknown Sources” option and check the box close to it. You will receive a warning that you should read fully and then press the OK button. Now, you get the permission from the device to download the APK files from Unknown sources.
Opening and installing the downloaded Play Store APK file
It is very important that you use a file browser to install the Google Play Store APK file you have downloaded on your Android device. It is better to use the ES File Explorer for accessing the APK file.
- Open the file browser and check out the Google Play Store APK file you have downloaded. It might be in the Downloads folder or you can find it in the notifications pull-down menu.
- Once you find the file, tap on it to install the file on the device. You might get a warning box to pop-up on the screen depending on the type of APK file you have downloaded.
- If the box appears, choose the Package Installer option and you will be directed to a new screen with a set of instructions. Read the instructions and then tap on the install option.
- The installation of the Google Play Store on Android might take a few minutes. Wait patiently for the app to get downloaded.
- After the installation is done, you can find the Google Play Store icon on your home screen or in the apps section.
- Before you start to use the Play Store app, you should first disable the unknown sources that you had enabled at the beginning to download the Play Store APK file.
- Tap on the Settings options in the menu and then look for Security option and tap on it. Scroll to “Unknown Sources” option and uncheck the box next to it. Now, the “Unknown Sources” option gets disabled and your phone will not automatically download any apps from other unknown sources.
Downloading Google Play Store for Android using computer method
If the device you are using does not have a Wi-Fi connection or a data connection, then you can download the Google Play Store APK file on your computer and then transfer it to your Android device. This is somewhat a long process, but is more or less similar to downloading on the Android device with a few transfer steps.
- Tap on the home screen on your phone first and then visit the Settings option on the device.
- Tap on the Security option and then scroll to tap on the “Unknown Sources” option. Here, you will need to enable the “Unknown Sources” option for the Android device to allow installing the outside apps.
- Open the web browser on your computer and visit the trusted Android APK file web site. Once you locate it, look for Google Play Store APK file and press the download link.
- The APK file will instantly get downloaded on your computer. Make sure that you are getting access to the latest Google Play Store APK file so that you have the latest version of Play Store on your Android device.
- After you have downloaded, you need to connect the Android device to your computer using the USB cable. This will allow you to transfer the downloaded Play Store APK file from your computer to the device easily.
- After the transfer is complete, you will find the APK file in the downloads folder of your device. Locate it and launch it on your favorite file browser on the device.
- You need to accept the permissions and tap on the Install option to allow the smooth installation of the Google Play Store app on your phone.
- Wait for a few minutes for the Google Play Store installation to complete. Once done, you can find the Google Play Store icon on the home screen or in the apps folder.
How to access Google Play Store on Android device?
If you are using the Google Play Store app on your Android device for the first time, then you will need to sign in to your Google account before you get access to millions of apps offered on the Store.
- Look for the Google Play Store app icon in the apps section of your Android device. You might need to scroll through several pages to find the Play Store app icon.
- The icon will be a white suitcase with a multicolored triangle design on it. Tap on the icon.
- If you have a Google account, then you can use to log into Google Play Store. When you tap the Play Store icon, you will be asked to first add your Google account on the device.
- You will be asked to first enter your username. This is your Gmail email address.
- After entering the username, tap on the Next option.
- You will be taken to the page where your password will be asked. You should enter the correct password for the email address entered and after this, tap on the sign in option to get access to Google Play Store app.
How to download apps from Google Play Store?
- Tap on the Google Play Store icon seen on your home screen or the apps section of your device.
- If you know the name of the app you want to download, just tap on the search option on the top and key in the app’s name and tap on the search icon.
- The list of apps that coincide with your search results shows up on the screen.
- Tap on the appropriate app and you will be taken to the home screen of that app.
- Read about the app and press on the install option to get the app downloaded and installed on your Android device. You can find the new app in the apps folder of your device.