The Google Play Store is an app that is offered in all the latest versions of Android devices for free. This is a store that offers you millions of free and paid applications under various categories.
How to get Play Store for Android
Have you unknowingly deleted the Google Play Store app on your Android device? Do you have a very old Android device that does not have a pre-installed Play Store app in it? Well, there is no need to worry. You can easily get the Play Store app downloaded on your Android device easily and that too for free.
The following are the steps involved in getting the Google Play Store app installed on your Android device.
Enable the “Unknown Sources” option
As you will need to download the Google Play Store APK file to get Play Store app, you need to prepare your Android device to be ready to accept downloads from third-party and unknown sources.
- Switch on your Android device and tap on your home screen button or the menu button.
- Once in the menu option, look for the Settings icon that will be denoted as a gear wheel and tap on it.
- Once you have entered the Settings, scroll down to locate the Security option and tap on it.
- Here, you need to scroll to find the “Unknown Sources” option. Once you have located it, see if the “Unknown Sources” option is turned off or not. If it is disabled, you need to tap on it or choose the ‘Enable Unknown Sources’ option.
Once this option is turned on, you will now allow access to your Android device to allow the installation of the apps from unknown sources other than the Play Store app.
Get access to the latest version of Play Store APK
The Android apps are all offered as APK files. You need to download the latest version of the Google Play Store APK file to get the best Play Store features on your device. If you have the Google Play Store app on your device, it will update automatically. This takes time and if you want to not waste time for the automatic update, you can download the APK file from the internet and the load it on your device.
- There is an option to download Google Play Store APK file on your laptop or computer and then transfer the file to your device via the USB cable connection between the system and the Android device.
- It is very important that you get access to the latest version of Google Play Store APK file. Ensure that the file is got from trusted and reliable Android sources.
- Once you have found a trusted website by carrying out a search on Google, you just need to tap on the download Google Play Store APK file to start the download process.
- This would take a couple of minutes or so to complete. You might get a warning sign asking you whether you want to go ahead with the downloading of the APK file. You just need to press the OK button and the download will start.
- The Play Store APK file is now downloaded onto your device.
Installing the Google Play Store App
Now that the Google Play Store APK file is downloaded to your device, it is time to install it. The steps involved in installing the Google Play Store app on the Android device are as follows:
- Open the file browser on your device. You need to look for the newly downloaded Google Play Store APK file in the browser. It might be in the SD cards’ download folders option on the device.
- As soon as you locate the Play Store APK file, tap on it to start the installation. The next screen will ask you to read any permission changes before you carry out the installation. Read it and then tap on the Install option to start the installation.
- This might take a few minutes and once the installation is complete, you can find the Google Play Store app icon in your device’s App folder.
Disabling the “Unknown Sources” option
Before you tap on the Google Play Store app installed on your device, you need to do one more thing to complete the download process. You should disable the “Unknown Sources” option that you had enabled earlier to get a free pass to download the Play Store APK file on your device. Leaving this open can cause security problems in the future.
- Go to the Settings option on your device.
- Scroll and locate the Security option and tap on it.
- In the Security option, scroll down to find the “Unknown Sources” option. You will have to uncheck the box or disable the “Unknown Sources” option to prevent the installation of apps other than from the Google Play Store.
- Once done, you can go back to the home screen.
How to get the Play Store App downloaded on your device?
It is very easy to download and install an app from the Google Play Store. The step by step guide to get your favorite Google Play Store app is given below:
- Open the Play Store app on your device from the Menu option. It will be seen as a white suitcase with multicolored triangle symbol on it.
- Tap on the Play Store icon and you will be asked to sign in before you get access to the Play Store app. Since, this is the first time you are using the Google Play Store on the device, you should complete the sign in process. Once you do this, then you can have direct access to the Play Store anytime from your device.
- If you have a Google account or a Gmail account, then you just need to enter your email address in the space provided.
- Once you enter the username, you will be asked to type in your password. Enter the exact password for the Gmail email address you have given and then tap on the Sign in option.
- If both the fields you have entered matches, you will get instant access to the Google Play Store account.
- Once you sign in, you can search for the apps that you want for the games, movies, books, music or newsstand categories that you see on top of the app page.
- If you are looking for a specific app and know its name, then you can use the search option at the top of the page to search for it on the Play Store.
- Just tap on the white space next to the Menu option and you can enter the name of the app there.
- After entering the name, tap on the search icon and Play Store will show the list of apps on the name.
- Look for the app icon that you want and tap on it to be taken to that app’s main page.
- Tap on the install option given on the page and the app gets downloaded and installed on the device.
- You can launch the app from the Apps folder.